The School Counsellor is responsible for the counselling and guidance programme at Hwa Chong Institution. The School CounsellorĄ¯s duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Counselling Students
- provide direct counselling intervention for students in the High School Section, and, where needed, in the College Section
- manage a team of Teacher-Counsellors in providing counselling services to students in the High School Section
- coordinate with the Case Management Team in providing timely support for students who need counselling
- make home visits for students who are unable to come to school
- Working with Staff
- provide consultations for staff in managing students with academic, behavioural, and emotional issues
- provide counselling training & other workshops for staff to strengthen their affective skills
- Working with Parents
- provide consultations for parents in managing students with academic, behavioural, and emotional issues
- conduct workshops for parents to align their expectations with the schoolĄ¯s and to strengthen their parenting skills
- School Duties
- provide counselling support in the event of school emergencies as a member of the Caring Action in Response to Emergencies (CARE) team
- coordinate and collaborate with the Affective Team in the design and implementation of the Peer Support programme
- Any other duty as assigned by the Reporting Officer, Deans, Deputy Principal or Principal
The School CounsellorĄ¯s expertise and primary duties are to provide counselling services to the school. However, the School Counsellor is also an integral member of the Affective Department, and would be actively involved in the programmes pertaining to studentsĄ¯ affective development
Physics Laboratory Technician
- Planning, procuring, and preparing materials for daily practicals, enrichment sessions and practical assessments. Apparatus and materials planning and preparation for practical sessions and practical assessments
- Liaising with vendors and evaluating quotations from suppliers for consumables and lab equipment
- Prepare and propose a yearly budget for Physics Laboratories
- Stocktaking of inventory for Physics laboratories during school breaks
- Regular maintenance and servicing of lab apparatus/equipment to ensure optimum working conditions
- Effecting minor repairs to apparatus and lab facilities where necessary
- Conduct risk assessment of Physics laboratories. Put in place and enforce safety guidelines in the laboratories
- Risk assessment form preparation for practical tasks to be performed each school term
- Keeping account of breakages/losses/damages during practical sessions
- Aiding teachers in preparing and setting up lessonsĄ¯ demonstration equipment/apparatus
- Clearing and cleaning of laboratories and apparatus used after practical sessions and practical assessments
- Supervise and schedule the cleaning up of laboratories during school breaks.
- Supervise, allocate and support the work of lab attendant
- Any other duties as assigned by the school
- Diploma or Degree in Physics or related field of studies (e.g. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering)
- Work experience in research laboratories or related laboratory work
- Knowledge in Physics or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge in laboratory management
- Team player and also able to work independently
- Able to work and communicate effectively with students and staff is an advantage
Co-Curriculum Activities (CCA) Executive
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- to report to the SALT Centre Management Office on the functions and operations of the Student Activity & Leadership Training (SALT) Centre.
- to oversee the daily operation of SALT Centre Gyms.
- to supervise the SALT centre operations office's staff on their roles and duties.
- to plan, coordinate, implement, monitor, and review the programmes and activities, and functions of the SALT Centre.
- to oversee the administration and daily routine functions of the SALT Centre.
- to oversee and coordinate the finance and accounting systems of the SALT centre.
- to ensure safety and security measures are in place.
- to coordinate the maintenance works of the SALT Centre.
- to take charge of the properties and equipment of the SALT Centre
- to assist in the preparations of the event and perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in the implementation of Safe Management Measures at the College Section.
- Oversee the booking of the Gyms Rooms and Monitor the usage.
- Conduct Fitness Conditioning programmes and activities for students.
- Assist Teacher-in-charge of CCAs in organising co-curricular activities for students.
- Diploma holder, preferably in Sports Science and Management
- Experience in sports, outdoor activity and/or event planning would be an advantage
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Travelling overseas is required
- A team player who is also able to work independently
- Able to work on some nights, weekends and Public Holidays
If you thrive on working in a dynamic and innovative environment, please submit your detailed CV, supporting documents and expected remuneration to
The Recruitment Officer
Hwa Chong Institution
661 Bukit Timah Road S 269734
Only short-listed candidates will be notified